Write Smart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Useful link
About Write Smart Club EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 pm by Orchidee

» Tip Sheet: An Admissions Dean Offers Advice on Writing a College Essay
About Write Smart Club EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 pm by Orchidee

» Holding College Chiefs to Their Words
About Write Smart Club EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:56 pm by Orchidee

» Need help with college essay ?!!
About Write Smart Club EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 am by Guest

» Do you believe in Destiny ?
About Write Smart Club EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:28 am by nhatquang2403

» Power of Language - Nicolette Ash
About Write Smart Club EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:21 pm by tuongvan92

» A dozen principles of good writing - EXCLUSIVELY !
About Write Smart Club EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 6:54 pm by Orchidee

» [Proposal] Proofreading box
About Write Smart Club EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm by Orchidee

» Hiking to Understanding. Accepted by Princeton
About Write Smart Club EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 10:43 pm by Orchidee

About Write Smart Club

2 posters

Go down

About Write Smart Club Empty About Write Smart Club

Post by Write Smart Club Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 am

Our Missions : To create a good place for students - where they can do some networking, self-improve and get help from the others

History

Founded in April 08, the club is a non-profit, student-run organization, designated for students who wish to improve writing. With the help from the club's tutors - who are American or Vietnamese students from universities and colleges in the US, Canada and Singapore, members get their essays commented every week. Not only that grammar and word-choice they can improve but also ideas they expand.

Throughout time, the club opens new activities : TOEFL Speaking, Debating, Speech and Reading. We believe, with our new sections, members can enhance in 4 skills : writing, speaking, listening and reading.

In July, Write Smart Club worked in partnership with VietAbroader Club at Hochiminh City. That means, members in 2 clubs work together in Writing section. Also, we share tutor's system

Testimonals
coming up

Write Smart Club

Back to top Go down

About Write Smart Club Empty Re: About Write Smart Club

Post by nhatquang2403 Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Great work, Lan! After weeks of frezing, the club now has had a new face. However, Lan, I still cast doubts on some of the ideas that you've mentioned:
1/ If we have failed in organizing a club with only the writting and the debating sections, it's hard to believe that with more sections and tasks included, it's easier for us to handle or improve the situation.
2/ Passion from our members has decreased considerably, now with more activities ,tasks and exercises, I can imagine a negative feelings everyone has if they want to take a commitment in the club.
3/Discipline. I think it's so easy to attend then leave this forum. If situation continues, there would be no difference.
4/ Tutors are always busy. I know they have the reasons to do that but actually,their comments are the most important. I don't know Lan, but I think it would be great if you could arrange for another tutor to comment us whenever a tutor is busy. I know it's not easy but I'm sure when everyone has a good comment by tutors, there is no reason for them to leave our club.Sincerely.
For those reasons above, I think we should determine what is our main purpose and concentrate on that. Widening this club is a great work but we should be aware of some problems we may face. More activities can make us more difficult to handle as well as dilute our forum. I am so excited when I 've heard that we'll have more tutors and we will have more members from VA HCM Club but I still doubt on whether we should have more activities or not. However, you are the person who decide and I always support you^-^.Just some questions and if you can answer it well, I think our club must be very successful.
@ to all members: Hi, everyone, I think that it's unfair for Lan to try her best on developing the club alone. This is OUR club and ALL of us when joining in this forum are having the same purposes. We should together show our strong commitment in this club. I hope that next week, when Lan posts the new topic, we will answer her strongly that we are ready, that we did join, do join and will join this club and here are our newest essays. We are all here,aren't we?

nhatquang2403

Back to top Go down

Post by Write Smart Club Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Quang,

Thanks for your still-interest in the club. It means a lot to me

nhatquang2403 wrote:1/ If we have failed in organizing a club with only the writting and the debating sections, it's hard to believe that with more sections and tasks included, it's easier for us to handle or improve the situation.
We are recruiting new members. In fact, many people have shown their interest in the club and I hope, with new people, there will be a dramatic change
Also, it's okay if many people are not interested in new sections. We just do it :p and ignore the rest. 2 is enough for debate, 2 is enough for public-speaking and we already have at least 2 bookworms who are currently working in the reading section ( especially thanks to Jack ! ). Consider those activities as "small private practice"

2/ Passion from our members has decreased considerably, now with more activities ,tasks and exercises, I can imagine a negative feelings everyone has if they want to take a commitment in the club.
As I mentioned, people are NOT required to take part in ALL activities. Just join what sections your prefer and fully immerse yourself in it Smile

3/Discipline. I think it's so easy to attend then leave this forum. If situation continues, there would be no difference.
Users who haven't been working in 30 days will be automatically deleted from database. Our admission is rolling - that means ( I hope ) - you see new people weeks after weeks. Believe it or not, I haven't done anything to promote this club but posting a thread in VA forum :D Somehow, people know about the club and keep coming ( that feels great ). This time, we are going to do big :p

4/ Tutors are always busy. I know they have the reasons to do that but actually,their comments are the most important. I don't know Lan, but I think it would be great if you could arrange for another tutor to comment us whenever a tutor is busy. I know it's not easy but I'm sure when everyone has a good comment by tutors, there is no reason for them to leave our club.
Human resource is one of our biggest problem. However, since we will start working with VA Club, that won't be an issue anymore. VA Club has numbers of college students and we hope to work with 20 to 25 people of them
Anyways, it's just a plan. We both agree to do that. However, we haven't signed anything yet, so, .... haiz, things may be changed ( I hope not )

Thanks for all the support and commitment Quang. I truly believe that we will have future as long as we can keep people like you :p

Any more questions, suggestion or ideas would be lovely. Keep posting, people :D

Write Smart Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down